Governor/Governess RequiredFor B6 in Larnaca, Cyprus
A Russian family residing in Larnaca, Cyprus is seeking a fluent English-speaking Governess or Governor for the education and English language development of their 6 year old son.
The ideal candidate will be an active and energetic professional who has at least 3 years of experience working with young children as a tutor or governess/governor. A university degree or TEFL is required, a childcare qualification would be preferred but not essential.
The main focus of the role will be on the child’s educational development, as well as assisting the boy in adapting to his new environment, including learning a new language and attending a new school, as the family recently moved to Cyprus. The governor/governess shall not be responsible for the general nursery duties of the child.
The governess/governor responsibilities will be:
- teaching the child English through interactive play, structured sit-down lessons, reading, conversation and engaging activities;
- teaching an additional language (if possible);
- assisting with his homework and tutelage;
- teaching manners, etiquette, personal grooming, culture and discipline;
- creating an enjoyable and stimulating environment for the child to gain confidence, self-independence and other life skills;
- mentoring on educational needs as well as ensuring his competence in school subject and his extracurricular activities;
- promoting his cognitive development;
- planning and organising play dates and extracurricular activities (sports, music, art, playing mind games, visiting zoo, national parks etc.);
- school drop-offs and pick-ups (a clean driving license is required);
- liaising with teachers at school;
- proxy parenting at school meetings, academic days and other event where a guardian or parent is required;
- ensuring the child is nurtured and his intellectual and social development is promoted.
This is a full-time, long-term, live-out position and the family is happy to reimburse the petrol expenses for someone who lives close to Larnaca. If the commute is too long, they will provide a separate accommodation for the successful candidate. The working days will be 5 days per week Monday to Friday, up to 40 hours per week with negotiable schedule.
The salary on offer is £450-500 net per week depending on experience and qualifications. This role is to start ASAP.
- Fluent English speaker
- Additional language (preferred)
- University degree or TEFL
- 3+ years of experience with primary school age
- Driving license
- Resident of Cyprus (preferred)
- Up to date DBS
- 3 contactable references
- Salary £450-500 net per week
- Petrol expenses covered or separate accommodation
- 4 weeks paid holiday per year
A family residing in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is seeking an active, experienced and kind Nanny who is fluent in English, for the care of their 3 year old boy. Minimum 3 years of experience working with toddlers. There is a baby and Nanny might be asked to help out Maternity Nurse from time to time. Live-in, private room with bathroom. Salary £1000-1200 npw.read more
A family residing in Brussels, Belgium is seeking an English speaking Nanny for their two children, G6 and B6m. Minimum 3 years of experience with babies and young children is required. It will be shared charge with the mother and housekeeper. Live-in position with your own room and bathroom. Salary £800 npw.read more
A family of four residing in West Hollywood is seeking an experienced and educated Nanny for their 3 daughters, 6 and 3 years old. Ideally the nanny will have 5-8 years of relevant experience and childcare education. Preferably candidates who seek a live-in position but live-out will be considered as well. Salary $1000 gpw.read more
A lovely family from Saudi Arabia, who will be spending their summer in London, is seeking an experienced and fun Nanny for their 3 children – G7, B6 & G3. They will be in London from 12 June to 15 August. The Nanny will help them organise daily trips and activities. Live-out. Location near Victoria Station. Salary £12 nph.read more