The ideal candidate will be an active and energetic professional who has at least 3 years of experience working with young children as a tutor or governess/governor. A university degree or TEFL is required, a childcare qualification would be preferred but not essential.
The main focus of the role will be on the child’s educational development, as well as assisting the boy in adapting to his new environment, including learning a new language and attending a new school, as the family recently moved to Cyprus. The governor/governess shall not be responsible for the general nursery duties of the child.
The governess/governor responsibilities will be:
- teaching the child English through interactive play, structured sit-down lessons, reading, conversation and engaging activities;
- teaching an additional language (if possible);
- assisting with his homework and tutelage;
- teaching manners, etiquette, personal grooming, culture and discipline;
- creating an enjoyable and stimulating environment for the child to gain confidence, self-independence and other life skills;
- mentoring on educational needs as well as ensuring his competence in school subject and his extracurricular activities;
- promoting his cognitive development;
- planning and organising play dates and extracurricular activities (sports, music, art, playing mind games, visiting zoo, national parks etc.);
- school drop-offs and pick-ups (a clean driving license is required);
- liaising with teachers at school;
- proxy parenting at school meetings, academic days and other event where a guardian or parent is required;
- ensuring the child is nurtured and his intellectual and social development is promoted.
This is a full-time, long-term, live-out position and the family is happy to reimburse the petrol expenses for someone who lives close to Larnaca. If the commute is too long, they will provide a separate accommodation for the successful candidate. The working days will be 5 days per week Monday to Friday, up to 40 hours per week with negotiable schedule.
The salary on offer is £450-500 net per week depending on experience and qualifications. This role is to start ASAP.
- Fluent English speaker
- Additional language (preferred)
- University degree or TEFL
- 3+ years of experience with primary school age
- Driving license
- Resident of Cyprus (preferred)
- Up to date DBS
- 3 contactable references
- Salary £450-500 net per week
- Petrol expenses covered or separate accommodation
- 4 weeks paid holiday per year
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.