Gardening for Children – nurture your child with nature
- Get your children to make plant labels to mark where and what seeds have been planted.
- Go on a ‘nature hunt’, looking for creepy-crawlies and make a ‘bug hotel’ to keep them comfortable.
- Encourage them to handle them gently and with care.
- Teach your child about how bugs are good for the soil and plants.
- Create a compost heap and explain to your child what you can and can’t put in there.
Governess/Nanny interview tips for the job of your dreams We’ve all been there, scrolling through job after job looking for our next dream role online. Then suddenly it appears, the one you’ve been waiting for! It must be fate, right?! The location, the ages of the...
Books to help children understand prejudice, racism, and equality As the world reflects on recent events and the reasons behind the Black Lives Matter movement, it seems an appropriate time to be talking with our children about equality, diversity, and justice (isn’t...
Who feels like a family trip to the seaside? Here at Great British Nannies we’ve come up with some beach friendly hacks sure to make your day of family fun as smooth running and enjoyable as possible.